Monday, June 27, 2005

Worse DSL

Well, it's finally Monday. I try activating my service at 12:30 in the morning. It's the morning, so it's Monday. Well, I go through all the steps in the installer again, and when it gets to the one where it optimizes my service, it gives me the same error message as before.

I try again, and again, then at 2:00 I stop trying. It still hasn't gone past the error message.

I can't believe it! The letter said the service would be activated on Monday June 27th. Well, I was up on Monday June 27th at 12 o'clock, the DSL still wasn't activated. Why?!

I mean, if they had said, "Well, your DSL service will be activated on Monday June 27th at 6:00am," I'd understand. But they never specified a time, and if such a thing isn't specified, I expect to be able to do whatever with it at 12:00 am, or at least at 12:30.

Some time ago I had a contest on my web site, and said it would start on a certain date. I didn't wait until I woke up that morning, or got home that evening to put the contest up. I did it at 12:00 am. Well, I would have, had technical difficulties not interrupted things. But still it was on the web by 12:20 am.

If this DSL service isn't going to be activated in the "wee hours" of the morning, why not tell me? I'm a night person, so after 12:00 am, it's the next day.

The providers have to consider every option, they can't just specify a date and not activate it exactly then (or change that date right after confirming a previously set one).

I mean, sure they will activate the service on the specified date, and I guess that's okay, but I intend to use my service, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home