Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Not-So-New Fridge

We recently bought a new used and fixed-up fridge. It's larger than our old one, but it makes a lot less noise, so I guess that's okay. Still, I prefer the design of our old fridge, but I do like the fancy blue doors on the new one.

Well, originally, we got it, and it seemed fine. But then we noticed it was warmer than it should be on the outside of the refrigerator. As it turns out, the fan wasn't working, so we had to use a makeshift and turn the fridge off for the most part of the evening until the man who sold it to us came to install a new fan.

The next day, it looked finished and complete. I opened the freezer, and noticed the Coffee Heath Bar Crunch ice-cream was still melted from the night before. A few hours later, I opened the freezer again, and the ice-cream was still the same consistency that it had been before. As it turns out, the freezer stopped working. It looked like something wrong with the compressor.

Then, we looked at the fridge, and what used to be 40 degrees at the setting of 5 (out of 10, 10 being the coldest) was now 45 degrees at a setting of 8 or 9. Now we're wondering about the compressor for the fridge, because this new fridge thing doesn't seem to be working out as well as we'd hoped.

On top of all that, all our frozen goods, including home-made cakes and pastries and chocolates and such have all been melting, dripping, or loosing their frigidity (if that is, in fact, a real word). Fortunately, we were able to put some stuff in the fridge (that is, mind you, warming up), and a few dire emergency things in another freezer. Still, this really (to quote The Simpsons) "burns my canole!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home